No restrictions today.
Last updated: 11.07.2014 08:34
During the August 2013 visit STRI Inspector Richard Windows was visibly enthused by what he found at Largs. He alluded to the fact there is no better conditioned parkland course certainly in West of Scotland and probably much wider than that.
Highlights of the report are contained within the following excerpts from the exec summary.
The full report is downloadable below
Executive Summary Points
• The general presentation, conditioning and performance of the golf course were superb.
• All the playing surfaces were in immaculate condition with superb standards of turf quality.
• The general condition and presentation of the golf course at Largs continues to improve in response to a superb maintenance programme expertly delivered by the Greenstaff combined with consistent direction and investment into the course by the Club.
• There is no doubt Largs is one of the best conditioned inland courses we visit and is a superb example of a sustainable golf course in action.
• Playing qualities to the greens was superb and have been throughout the season.
STRI (originally Sports Turf Research Institute) was established in 1929, in association with the UK Golf Unions and The R&A (Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews), to provide research and advisory services for golf clubs on their golf greens and courses.
By the 1950s, STRI had clearly established a reputation as the leading company in Europe for providing advice and research on new products and techniques for managing sports turf, not just for golf, but for all types of sports surfaces and amenity grass areas.
The success of STRI comes from the focus and expertise of the research team, based at our extensive research facilities in Bingley, Yorkshire, which remains as our headquarters to this date. The team are as dedicated now, as they were eighty years ago, to establishing new and better ways of producing high quality sports surfaces across the world. The knowledge base from STRI’s research, along with years of practical experience, is what makes our consultants and advisors the best in the industry.
The last two decades have seen rapid growth within STRI, currently with 75 staff, delivering our range of consultancy and research services across an international client base of around 2,100 sports clubs and facilities each year.
Today, STRI is recognised as the world’s leading authority for research and advice on sports turf design and management.
Click on this link to go to STRI website for further information
STRI Advisory Report 2013